Monday, August 1, 2011

The doctors bill

Watching Hindi movies about corrupt doctors, or organ stealers hurt.


I have grown up being a doctor’s daughter and a general practitioner’s grand-daughter. Heard stories about my great grandfather’s healing skills. This meant, we were prepared that at a family evening out my father would be called for an emergency. Many times my father was away during our annual school concerts and never around when we received our awards.

That’s when I decided I would go for dentistry instead of general medicine. I have a home practise, my patients think its their royal right to barge into the clinic be it after 9pm or even a Sunday, since I am at home, and they save their leave.

These are the very same patients who crib about the doctors fee. But do doctors get concessions when it comes to grocery bills or school fees? If a corporate worker can bill overtime, isn’t the doctor’s family entitled to his time?

Is a doctor not entitled to a family life, and if he does give up that time should he not be compensated?

This is not just the Indian scenario I am sharing an article about family doctors in the states

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2011/04/society-frown-doctors-earning-reasonable-living.html



1 comment:

  1. well ma'am not against the basic substance of the post but me thinks those corrupt and organ stealers are basically picturised as those who rob the poor
    I mean the rich ain't concerned about the fee than the other non-elite class and they only publicize doctors negatively

    and there are doctors who do suggest expensive medical checkups even if not required
    #personal experience

    (http://deardiaryandblahblah.blogspot.in)

    ReplyDelete